I thought I had made my decision regarding how I was getting to Japan… But then I checked my email last night and saw an email from JET… I had been short-listed.
I thought I had (mentally) prepared myself for this decision. I made a bunch of pros and cons lists for both programs (I’ll probably make a post about this later, for those of you in a similar situation!) and Interac turned out to be a better fit for me… However, due to some recent events (primarily issues financially), I may not be able to afford going to Japan with Interac. I could probably scrape by currently with JET, but there’s no way that I could pay the flight to get to Japan as is. I know I have about 3 more months to save as much as I can, but based on my paychecks and current budget, it’s really not possible. 🙁
I think I may still continue on the application track for both programs and see if I can get my tax refund to help me out (though there were delays/holds and I’m anticipating getting this in October now). But if not, I may defer Interac for a year and take JET instead for now… Ugh, I really don’t know what to do! Does anyone have any input? :/